CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Hurricane Hits Kirkland, WA!

Hammerin' Hank putting the Hurt on
Baby Gibson in Fall of 2007

You can blame Megan for this blog.... Maybe that's what we should have named it, actually. It's always nice to wash your hands of any responsibility early on...

We were so fortunate to have Shane, Megan and Hammerin' Hank-Henry the Hurricane spend a couple of days with us! In between feeding Henry brownies, watching him pace over our kitchen countertops, rearrange our CD's and try to grab obects off of the tv screen, Megan helped me start a blog.

I love my nieces and nephews blogs so much, that I am thoroughly intimidated by the process. I know our lives aren't near as exciting, and our baby isn't nearly as cute (don't get me wrong, he definitely had his hey-day, and he continues to be incredibly handsome... but once they're 18 and hairy, do you really want to look at a lot of pics of them??)... I digress.... actually, maybe that's what I should have titled this blog... hmmm. food for thought.

I was very spoiled this weekend, spending time with Gail and her family, Doug, Kristen, Bryce, Karine, Corey and especially playing with my adorable great niece and nephew, Madison and Gibson. Madison is delightful. She is smart and ariculate. Best of all, she is a girl who knows what she wants and knows how to get it. I was very wise and went bearing gifts. She assured her mother that the pink feather boa I had brought was "what she'd always wanted... every day". Whhhoooo. I dodged a bullet on that one. Gibson is also a love. He is utterly contented and loving. He adores his big sister and is so generous with his smiles and sweetness.

Madison at Fort Worden, Fall of 2007

I headed back to Seattle in time to have a great evening with our friends, Kim and Mike Printz, at the Triple Door. It was so fun to pretend we were young and hip and listen to some young and hip musicians. Steve almost blew our cover by complaining about "too much synthesiser", but I'm sure people still thought we were twenty-somethings... Either way, it was a great night.

The very next day, Shane, Megan and that beautiful Henry arrived. Henry is such a joy. Happy, energetic and somehow moving in perpetuity, without ever bending his knees. He is also apparently highly spiritual, as his hands are always in the air, like unto Moses.... It brought our family to a whole new level, I'm telling you! He is an absolute joy and made his Aunt Lynn's heart sing when he would cuddle with her.

8 comments:

Bethany said...

What a thrill to be the first to post a comment on your blog. You should know, though, that your whole self-esteem will now be based on how many people reply to your entries! Well done on your post - I look forward to many mornings wasting precious work time on catching up with the Rowley clan!

Anonymous said...

It does my heart good to see you have started a blog. I will be checking your blogs status at least 43 times a day. If there aren't frequent updates, then I will block you from my blog (oh yes, you have entered the fickel world of blogging.) There are many rules, and many ways to offend in this little sphere, so blog with care!

Thank you for the wonderful weekend. I had a blast with you, and so did my children. You are the best and I adore you!

Love ya tons,
Neen

Anonymous said...

You have been added to "my favorites" and you can bet that I will be checking in everyday right after I check out Megan, Bethany, Karine and Steph! You go girl.

You really are young and hip!

Anne

The Beagleys said...

Hi Lynn! Welcome to the blogging world! I'm so excited that the family is getting into blogging!!! It really is a lot of fun! It looks like you're off to a great start! love you!

Anonymous said...

WOW MOM this is great!!!! (sarcastic tone) I cant wait for the next one to come out. im on the edge of my seat!!!!!! hey since this is a family blog....... why isn't there more about me! i mean our family was established in 1989!!!!! hahahaha just kidding............. ................................................................................................................ but seriously...
-B-Rowl

The Johnson's said...

Thanks so much for letting us stay! We had a blast and you may now add my name to the list of "Mothers that aren't as cool as Aunt Lynn".

And by the way, Hank is perfectly docile at home. I think Steve slipped him some red bull.

beagleblogger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
beagleblogger said...

Yah I'm here for the "5 o'clock Free Crack Giveaway"....did I miss it?!

Whoa....whoops...I think I may have the wrong blog..."Skinny Pete" sent me--said something about a code word for a "mad hookup"?? Does the word "Shambuzzle" mean anything to you....yah? no? okay...sorry to bother you.