CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy Anniversary Baby, 'Got You On My Mind


Dear Steve

Happy Anniversary!
We've joked for years about what a "blessed woman" I am, but you know what? It's true.
I am blessed. Your combination of laughter, faith and good heart, tinged with just the perfect dose of sarcasm, are just what I need. You remind me of what is really important and sometimes you can even get me to slow down and enjoy the view!
Our different parenting styles at times made me want to scream (and I think I did a time or two!), but I look at Brian now and think maybe we're a good combo. He certainly makes us look good, doesn't he?
You've always given me the credit for the fact that we have such good friends, but I know better. I might be better at making friends, but you are the best at keeping them. You do it again by your humor, easy going nature and the fact that you people feel better when they're around you.
Thank you for your acceptance and love. Thanks for loving me for who I am and not some expectation you had of me. Thank you for believing in me more than I do in myself. Thank you for making me laugh.
I know our lives are in a very quiet chapter, but I love that! I love knowing that tonight we chose to spend another quiet evening at home together to celebrate 26 years together. We must be doing something right. I love you with all my heart!
Lynn

4 comments:

Jan W. said...

Happy Anniversary, you guys! We were cleaning out the attic a few weeks ago and I came across Nichole's and Annie's dresses from the wondrous occasion! It couldn't have been 26 years ago!
It's such a blessing to be married to your best friend and having one of your favorite things to do be just chillin' with one another at home! Congratulations!

Lisette said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope he is reading your blog today :)

Marnie Craycroft said...

Happy anniversary, Lynn and Steve!!

Derek and Emily said...

This is such a sweet tribute. I've always thought you and Steve are so cute together!