CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 18, 2008

I'M READY TO PARTY! ARE YOU WITH ME?

I have a confession to make: I love our Family Reunions.

I love the weird smell of Fort Worden and the Ghost Stories. I love taking a nap in the afternoon and hearing the laughter float up the stairs. I love the cousins. I love the lazy walks down to the water. I love the food (God bless you Amanda!), I love the memories from seven different reunions over 17 years: cakes shaped like Africa, fireworks, photo shoots, the crafts... ahhh, the crafts, holding little ones (in 1992 it was my little one, in 2008, it will be my great niece and nephews), the canoe ride with only one oar, being scared spitless by a scarecrow sitting on the toilet at midnight. I love the comraderie and that special kind of joy that I feel only at Fort Worden with my family.

And this year, I'm even more excited. It may be that it will be at Halloween, and what could be cooler than Fort Worden at Halloween? It might be that I'm missing my boy, so it will be extra special to hang out with the family. It may just be that work really sucks right now and I just need to get out of that place, but however you spell it, I can't wait!

If you are a family member reading this, know that I love you more than I can say. If you are a friend, you may feel quietly jealous. Because my family rocks!!!! We may not have talent, looks, intellect or any other redeemable quality, but we have do have some powerfully forged bonds: the same twisted sense of humor, a shared faith in God, and a loyalty that has run through weddings, births, funerals and in out of days and years. I have always loved my family, but it has taken me years to realize how precious this incredible blessing is. The blessing of being Beagley... who knew?

The girls at Madison's shower. Madison might be a more powerful force this year, do you think?

Megan wearing the infamous sweat shirt that once beat out a forest fire


Caiden makes his first appearance at the 2006 reunion


The Beagley Men: Feel the Testosterone

The last morning of the 2006 reunion. If you look closely you'll see a tear in Mike McLaughlin's eye. "Is it over already?"

these boys can quilt!

'hard to believe that two of these boys are now "bringing the world His truth". Heaven help us.

The Armstrongs Represent! (I love that Jolene totally looks like she is starting a cheer!)

Can you say "Craft Nazi"?
preparing the baked french toast.... mmmmmmm.

the Gangstahs


Here's everyone saying goodbye two years ago. 'Just two more weeks until we're back in the damp fog that is Fort Worden. I love you all and can't wait to see you!

10 comments:

Lisette said...

looks like a ton of fun. you guys should try seabrook some year i think you would enjoy it immensely. cameron and i went to prey's fruit barn and i loved it. i am most excited to tell you all about it.

Karine said...

Eloquently said Dear Auntie. I feel the same as you. Truly, I couldn't be blessed with a better family. Love you tons, and can't wait to see you!
Karine

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with you! I am counting the days till the 30th. I don't know what I would do with out this family. Love ya!

Amanda

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful walk down memory lane! I am so excited and so ready for this. The anticipation just grows and grows....

Anne

Bethany said...

Don't forget to add to the list of things that we don't have class, hygiene, and the ability to speak with "indoor voices".

Stephanie said...

I am so excited as well. I can't wait to see everyone and for everyone to meet Beckett. This time of year is going to be fun! All the little cousins running around will be fun to watch! I can't wait!

The Beagleys said...

Ok, Lynn, I can't stop laughing at that gangsta picture!!! It is amazing and Bruce is so into it!!! ;) I didn't know he had gangsta in him! ;)

Anonymous said...

I can’t wait to see everyone. Please, please, please do not forget your camera.

Shane

Anonymous said...

I can’t wait to see everyone. Please, please, please do not forget your camera.

Shane

Colene said...

Family reunions are fun! We had to cancel ours last summer. Well I should say postpone. I like your play on words- That's how we rowl! -very clever.