CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

This One's for Lisette



After what has been a very rough few weeks at work, I've been feeling pretty sorry for myself.  Worse than that, I'm actually beginning to take myself seriously.  To try to fight off this ridiculous behavior, I've actually started a journal again after a small hiatus (I believe my last recorded entry was prior to Brian's birth, but who's counting?).   As a part of my journal entries, I've taken President Eyring and Steve Rowley's advice to do a daily "Hand of the Lord" entry.  This is acknowledging something in your day where you see the Lord in your life.  It's been a pretty amazing experiment.  As you write down these items, you realize how intimately the Lord is involved in your life.  And, I believe, as you acknowledge the experiences you have, you are blessed with more.  Each day since I've started I've had at least one powerful experience to give me what I've needed during a difficult time.

Today I had the chance to walk with my friend Lisette.  I was telling her about these entries.  As I was blabbing away about this and all the other information I poured over her during our walk, I realized that she was one evidence of the Lord's hand in my life.  Though Lisette has plenty going on in her own life, she listened to me, validated me and gave me some wise counsel.  All this while burning calories and watching the sun set over the Puget Sound (oh, and watch a scene from some movie being filmed).  Can a woman ask more than this?  I think not.

I'm thankful for her humor, thoughtfulness and how she never does anything half way.   What she offered me this evening was exactly what I needed and it reminds me that my Heavenly Father loves me and watches out for me every day. 

P.S.  Apparently, Brian is doing just fine in the MTC.  His emails contain many more exclamation points than they do details.  He just lets us know that he is doing sooooooooooooo awesome and his roommates are soooooooooooo funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'll have to post some of his entries so you can see that I do not exaggerate.   Thanks to every one for supporting him at this exciting time in his life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're having a walking affair with Lisette? I don't even know who she is, but you better get it straight that I am your permanent walking partner. She can substitute when I'm not around, but just don't lead her on to think she has any hope of ever being more than an alternate. I miss and love you!

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

dear kelly kelly kelly
who left who, babe? You think you can give me a taste and keep me stringing me along? I need to walk more than once or twice a year, you know...

I miss you too. Any time you're home I'll always have time to walk with you too... who knows, I may even blog about it... a girl can dream.

Lisette said...

I feel so honored and undeserving, thanks so much for the kind words. I am so happy that you were able to speak with Brian, how lucky you are and it could not have come at a perfect time. Hang in there and it can only look up from here :)