CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Elder Rowley Update

This week we received our first pictures from the MTC along with our weekly letter.  Brian sounds great!  The pictures cracked me up.  They are the "quintessential" MTC photos.


I'm also attaching an excerpt from his letter:

[Everything is so good.  I love you and miss you.  This week was amazing.  Richard G. Scott or I just call him Rich is so funny.  His talk was so good.  Also, yesterday, the Fox herself came to talk to us...  Sheri Dew.  You know one of my favorite hymns is "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing".  We sang that to open the fireside and then we sang "Armies of Helaman."  It was so powerful.  Then Sheri Dew gave a great fireside.  One thing she said was in 1998 Priesthood, Gordon B. Hinckley said, "the economy is fragile, so get out of debt.  I want to say this with all the emphasis of my heart."  Also, Thomas S. Monson in April 2008 said, "We have no reason to fear, for the Lord is at the helm... we can and will win.  It was so good.]

I loved the letter:  filled with Brian's special blend of sacrilege and testimony.  I just hope the Chinese and the French are ready for him!

During a grueling week at work and facing a weekend of chores, it was a great shot of positive energy to hear from Brian and see that he appears to be thriving...

The infamous "Matrix" shot.  Also known as the laying on the ironing board shot.  Either way you slice it, very cool.  Please also note that Brian is wearing his Back Street Boys shirt in the photo op.


Steve must have laughed for 10 minutes when he saw this one.

This was my favorite!  Brian and his cousin Matt (who is now serving in Boston, MA)


Brian and his companion and zone leaders

See?  He knows where France is!  He is not an Ugly American.  Frenchies, please treat him kindly!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lynn, thank you so much for posting this! It is really uplifting to hear that Bri's doing well. I keep hoping that we'll run into him at the temple, but it hasn't happened yet and time is running out pretty quickly. Anyway, thanks again!

The Bishops said...

How exciting for you to get pictures!! He sounds great! Brian will be such a great missionary! My little bro is out in Croatia right now and although it has been hard there is a point where the time starts to fly by I promise! We miss you guys and hope all is well! I'm excited to hear about his adventures in the field!

MGBeags said...

I'm so glad he's doing well. I was really worried that he might struggle being so shy and all.

The Bishops said...

That's funny, what a small missionary world. Yeah Pres Hill is his mission pres and he loves him! My bro's name is Justin Freeman and he is in Zagreb right now. I'll have to ask him if he knows your friend. Small world! Have a great Halloween!! We love you guys!!

Unknown said...

It is awesome to come to your blog and get updates. I need to do a better job myself.

YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED - see my blog for details.

Colene said...

Thanks for sharing your missionary with us! It would be so great to hear those general authorities in the MTC!!! That is one of my favorite hymns too! TTFN