CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Nod to the Old Country

For Mother's Day this year, Steve gave me a weekend getaway to Victoria, BC. We were finally able to actually make the trip a couple of weekends ago. It had been 25 years since we'd been back. It was such a wonderful few days.

Victoria at Night

It is a great trip, as it is close to home, and has a northwest feel, but also has a very real old-world charm. On a side note, it also happens to have the best breakfasts in the free world. I am so ready for eggs benedict again... although the arteries may need a little more recovery time.
In typical Steve-style, he splurged and we flew up on a little sea plane. The flights were amazingly beautiful. Very cool to see the beautiful part of the world we live in, from a very new perspective.


Orca playing off of the San Juan Islands... we saw at least a dozen. Were actually able to see a couple breach. We were so shocked, we couldn't get cameras ready in time. Amazing!
and below, the happy looky-loos!

Our Summer Home... or as some like to call it, Butchart Gardens

(if I could pick any home on earth, this would be it. )

One day we rented a motorcycle to tour the peninsula. We may have finally come up with a win-win situation here. Go some place beautiful which makes Lynn happy. Then rent a bike when you get there, thrilling Steve. I did love it too!

Flying home... over Seattle. It's not too ugly here either.

3 comments:

Lisette said...

What a fun and thoughtful gift. Cameron and I have always wanted to take a sea plane up there.

The Johnson's said...

Love it!! It has been almost 8 years exactly since we honeymooned there, and we cant wait to get back. I agree about the food. As a wedding present to my groom I gained about 15 pounds there!!

Karine said...

I think you vacation more than anyone I know, which makes you the person I envy the most!
I have never been there, but after reading your blog, I definitly want to visit!
Miss you tons and love you more!
Neen