CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 7, 2008

I Will Not Go Quietly! I Will Not Back Down.


After being 9 points down with 2:12 to go, my beloved Jayhawks (yes, they are now my beloved Jayhawks) came back to win the NCAA Championship and more importantly, I won the office pool!

I'd like to thank all the little people: those 11 co-workers who lost to me. Especial mention to Alex, who came in 11th out of 12. Impressive, Alex... Really impressive. The real winners were the females in the pool, who took four out of the top 5 spots. Yes, with all the depth of knowledge that we possess and the average of 3.5 minutes that we each spent filling out our brackets, we beat soundly the men of Rigel.


One more note of thanks to my nephew, Doug, who couldn't be bothered to return my call when I asked for advice on the brackets. If you hadn't ignored me, I would have lost. God bless you.


Brian, you are a son who doesn't love his mother, but I love you anyway. Someday you will learn not to bet against your mother... Chris Douglas who?



Mostly, I just need to share this with my nephew Shane, who never gave up. And never took his ball and went home. This one's for you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom Great job on your pick!!!!!!! I love You sooooo much!!!!!! You are soooo great!!!!!

Love Brian

Carly said...

Congratulations! I was laughing the whole time reading this, thank you for that! I also loved the talent show clip. I was having an extremely bad day when I watched it and it totally changed my mood for the day. Love your blog!

Anonymous said...

Is there anything sweeter than the satisfaction of being right over men when they think they are so much more competent? I think not =)
I hope Alex had wagered high. That must've been tough on his ego. I'm proud of you!