CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 17, 2009

I've Made a Terrible Mistake

Sure.  Facebook seems like a good idea.  


Every one is talking about it: 
  •  "You can get back in touch with really old friends", [with the implicit advantage of choosing only images of yourself that hide your wrinkles and those lb's that you've gained since you've last seen these old friends ]
  •  "You can keep in touch with younger and hipper co-workers and nieces and nephews..."  
  • And the surveys?  Heaven!  What's not to love? 
Well, an hour and a half in and I already have serious buyers remorse.

No one tells you the dark side:  getting 45 emails in seven minutes and being unable  to understand how to respond to the people who haven't bothered to contact you via a visit, phone call, or blog comment (you know who you are).

All of the sudden I am in the middle of 27 "conversations" most of whom are between people that I DON'T KNOW.  I can't keep up.  I'm confused. I now understand what it is like to be Doug Beagley at a family reunion.

I just want my blog....   I can take a week and a half to complete my entry if I choose.  No one interrupts me.  It's peaceful here.

Ahhhh.  I feel better already.

p.s.  and beware to all my younger and hipper family and friends:  if I'm on Facebook, it can no longer be cool.  Sell Facebook. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Set your preferences to not send you all the emails. I set mine to and hardly ever get emails from facebook. I will have to befriend you there. Happy chatting!!

Lisette said...

You gave in, I am still going to hold out. I feel how you do about the blogging.

Anonymous said...

Lynn,

The day I joined facebook, or FB as the cool kids call it, there was a news report on the radio about how FB was no longer cool. That is about Par for my life.

Your favorite Nephew

Steve, Lynn & Brian said...

which favorite nephew?