CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 23, 2009

Zip-a-dee-ay & Heigh-dee-ho!


Last Friday was my dad's 88th Birthday. He certainly wears it well. He walks 3 miles a day, paints water color scenes almost every day, reads incessantly, and has an incredible sense of humor. I know he misses my mom with every breath he takes, but he is unfailingly positive and never complains. He is incredibly low maintenance and happy. (we'll wait to post his failings in another blog posting sometime!)
One of my dad's great passions in life is his MG's. I think he has 5, but I have a hard time keeping track. I firmly believe my father knows more about these cars than anyone in the US. He has written hundreds of articles about them over the years and has worked and cussed over them for years (okay, we'll cover one of his failings in this entry, apparently). My wonderful niece Amanda made him a beautiful MG cake to celebrate the big day. I think the picture illustrates effectively how he felt about it. We had a great time together. There was a great representation of the Washington contingency of the Beagley clan. If we'd had ice cream, the day truly would have been perfect... (gee, I hope Mark has my blog address). Thanks to everyone who came. It meant the world to Dad... and to me! We'll see you all at Easter!

Amanda and Grandpa... and "The Cake"

The Clan

Henry, his mother, and his choo-choo's.
(someone in 86 years will be blogging about his passion for trains!)

4 comments:

Lisette said...

the birthday cake looks perfect. i love it!!!!

Bethany said...

I'm so bummed that we missed it! It looks like a good time was had by all...

Anonymous said...

You throw a mean party girl. I was in a funk most of the day knowing that you guys were together and I wasn't!!

Anne

Karine said...

It was such a nice afternoon, and the weather was fabulous. Thank you so much for hosting! The day truly would have been complete with icecream.
Love you,
Neen