CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Parle Vous.... Chinese???


The envelope arrived.  

Elder Brian Nash Rowley will be entering the Mission Training Center on September 17.  He will be serving in Paris, France and speaking Mandarin.  Yes, Mandarin.  The words we've heard Brian repeatedly say to friends and family are over the past twenty-four hours are, "no, I'm not kidding."

Steve has been online trying to learn Mandarin via the web....  Hmm.  I'm not sure how effective it is, but it is wildly entertaining.

It's been a wonderful weekend full of friends and family.  We celebrated my nephew Matt's upcoming mission to Boston, Mass and my sister Gail's birthday together and have laughed and laughed.  We also were thrilled to share a few days with Brian's friend, Alicia.  She is a lovely girl and we had a great time with her.  She fit right in and could even put up with the impressive volume our family can generate.  I'll report more details in a couple days and post a few pics.  As for now, I'm off to the beach with my sisters for a couple of days...


6 comments:

Lisette said...

Brian- I am so excited for you, I can hardly stand it. To put your mind at ease, yes they do have McDonalds there and they even have mostly the same menu. You will love it, it is beautiful there and there will be lots to see and do on your p-days.

Carly said...

WOW! Congratulations Brian! That is so exciting. I'll let Derek know, he'll be excited too. I have had several very close friends serve in that mission and loved it. My uncle was also the mission president there about 10 years ago!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Is he allowed to blog on his mission? It would be cool to hear about life in France! Mandarin should be a definite challenge! Congratulations, Brian!

The Bishops said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting! What an great adventure ahead of you guys! My little bro has been out 1 year in July and it really has gone by fast! Maybe not as much for my mom, but it is an exciting time for all of you! Congrats!!

The Johnson's said...

So KU! Not KHAN at all! (I hope you are reading this with the proper influction)

Colene said...

Cool!!!!! (wow was already used twice) That is so awesome I want to cry! Today I just taught the youth, both young men and young women,a lesson on sharing the gospel. One of my friends is from Hong Kong and I think she speaks Mandarin.