CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Miracle

This morning I took a walk.  All through the night we'd heard the rain through the open bedroom window.  But this morning, it was a battle between sun and clouds.  As I plugged in the nano and tied up my shoes, the clouds were winning.


But just as I was cresting the last hill on my way home, the sun broke through the clouds.  And it got warm.  Almost uncomfortably so.  It was wonderful... one last kiss of summer.  It felt so good that I closed my eyes and inhaled as deeply as I could... only to realize that I smelled Christmas.  The wet pine needles and bark beckoned me to that other favorite of my year... the Holidays.

For one brief moment, I had it all:  summer saying goodbye and the holidays welcoming me back home.   It was the sweetest contradiction I've ever encountered.  A perfect moment in time.

[Editors Note:  just realized that Aussies get this combo every year... should I feel less special now?]


1 comments:

Karine said...

How poetic. I completely could picture this moment. Goodness, I miss walking with you...

Love ya auntie!
Neen