CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Letter from Mom


Dearest Brian

I just had to write you a note of thanks.  Thank you for the joy you have brought to us each and every day of your life.  Thank you for your sense of humor, your love of a good laugh and your kind heart.

Thank you for your love of the absurd and your zest for life.  Thank you for countless baseball games and being the only kid who actually liked to hear his mom cheer.  Thank you for your shameless joy in a good Boy Band and for the fact that on your 19th birthday, you wanted to go to a Back Street Boys Concert.

Thank you for being not just my son, but my friend.  I have always been able to trust you with a confidence.  Thank you for not allowing me to take myself too seriously.  Thank you for trusting me with the occasional secret.  Thank you for luring me away from housework to sit next to you watching some stupid television show.  Thank you for "padding my stats" on this silly blog.

And thank you for making this choice, even when it is so difficult.  Even when there are so many reasons to stay, I'm so thankful that you are choosing the Lord's will.   I'm so grateful that you have the strength to make a hard decision, because it's what you feel is right.  A wise friend told me just last week that the Lord respects sacrifice.  She also said that the Lord will never allow Himself to be in our debt.  You will be blessed for your service, and you will bless the lives of others.

Thank you for the lesson you'll be giving me in prayer.  I promise you that I will pray more earnestly than I ever have.  I will pray for your health and your safety.  I'll pray for your strength and stamina.  I'll pray for your intellect and recall as you learn these challenging languages.  I'll pray for the people you teach.  

I love you with all my heart.  You are the light of our lives and your Dad and I are grateful every day for the blessing you are in our lives and the lives of those around you.

Thank you my dearest, darling boy.

I love you!!!

Mom


6 comments:

Bethany said...

Brian - I just want you to know that you have been in our prayers for months now and you will continue to be for the next two years. We are so proud of you and know that you will be exactly the kind of servant the Lord needs you to be to the people of France. Just try not to be too lucious!

The Beagleys said...

Lynn, this is such a sweet letter! It brought tears to my eyes! I'm so excited for Brian's new adventure on his mission. You and Steve brought up a wonderful young man!

Colene said...

Hi Lynn, I'm touched by your sweet letter too! I'm happy for you to experience a son on a mission! My third daughter just left last week off to Utah for school. Now I have all three daughters in Utah! It is tempting to run off to Utah too.

Karine said...

Thank you Aunt Lynn for making me cry like a baby...again, like your talk on Sunday did.
This weekend was perfect. I am so very thankful to have been apart of it.
Brian will be blessed because not only does he have a huge cheering section behind him that will be praying for him daily (and bless it). But he also has some pretty spectacular angels that will be guiding and protecting his every step. And that brings me great comfort.
Love you Lynn, Steve, and Brian!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful! Your words brought tears to my eyes, such a sweet relationship you have with your son! Miss you and can't wait to see you!

Derek and Emily said...

What a sweet letter! I'm glad I found time in my "swamped" schedule to read this... lol. You raised an amazing young man. He will serve the Lord well!